Call for Entries
All Media Benefit Show
Open to Visual Artists Working in all Media
June 21 – July 22, 2018
Theme: Fond Memories
Stories of happy times and beauty, past and present
Location: Coastal Arts League Gallery, Zaballa Square, 300 Main St., Half Moon Bay, CA, in a ground floor gallery. The rectangular
exhibition gallery is 535 square feet, with north-facing windows.
Displayable Media Categories
Writing, Sculpture, Painting, Drawing, Photography, Printmaking, Ceramics, Collage, Assemblage, Mixed media, and Fiber art. The artwork must be able to hang on the wall or occupy a 12” square pedestal.
Juror: Brian Bowes is an illustrator living in Santa Cruz. His work has been included in numerous children’s books. Learn more at his website: http://brianbowesillustration.com/about/
Prizes: Juror's Choice Awards: $150 for first, $100 for second, and $50 for third place, plus additional gifts from business sponsors.
Rules of Entry:
Submissions are open to visual artists working in all media. All exhibited work must be for sale. Artworks may be two-dimensional or three, and of any material. Work must be original, and not displayed in a CAL show for at least two years.
Enter by Sunday, May 27
Send an email to Caljuriedshow@gmail.com with the following information: Name of show, Artist’s name, mailing address, and phone number. Attach images of up to four artworks, labeled with title, medium, size, and price for each piece. We invite submitting artists to include a line or two, such as a paragraph or poem, to explain how the work is related to the theme.
• Enter by: Sunday May 27, 2018
• Notification of Acceptance: June 5, 2018
• Artwork in-take: June 18, 2018, noon to 5:00 PM
• Exhibition on view: June 21 – July 22, 2018
• Reception: June 23, 2018, 2:00 - 4:00pm
• Artwork pick-up: July 23, 2018, noon to 5:00 PM
Who Will Benefit?
• 15% of the purchase price will be donated to the Alzheimer's Association as part of the Longest Day Fundraising campaign.
• 60% of the purchase price will be remitted to the artist within 30 days of the show's closing.
For questions about this Exhibition, please contact Jane Lewis at 619-886-5882, or send a message to Jane at Caljuriedshow@gmail.com.
Deadline Extended: Enter now!
Using PayPal is the most secure way to send funds via the internet. Once you have created an account, you will never be asked for your personal information again, and the Coastal Arts League pays the transaction fee.
Entry Fees: $40 for first entry, plus $10 for each additional entry up to four. Members discount $10. You will receive an immediate receipt for your tax deductible donation
Donate your Entry fee Here:
Using PayPal is the most secure way to send funds via the internet. Once you have created an account, you will never be asked for your personal information again, and the Coastal Arts League pays the transaction fee. You will receive an immediate receipt for your tax deductible donation.
Thank you for your contribution. Your support helps artists and the visual arts in the Coastside, and your donation is tax deductible.
Acceptance notifications will be emailed by June 3, 2018. Label each piece (artist, title, medium, framed size, and price). Bring your 8.5 x 11” Artist’s Statement to be included in the show’s book of artists. Also bring up to 10 business cards to leave in the gallery office.
Size and Weight limits?
Each piece must be manageable by the curator. All 2-D artwork must be gallery-ready, with hanging wire on back, with the exception of frameless metal prints, which come with cleats. Gallery wrapped canvas must be a minimum of 1" in depth. Please use plexiglass, not glass, in framed pieces larger than 30"x 40".
CAL promotes shows through social media, bulletins, clubs, art centers and associations throughout the region. Entrants are not responsible for show promotion, but it is recommended that each one let family, friends and colleagues know about the show and reception. Nothing moves people to action like a personal invitation. This could be an email, a text message, or a phone call, but it is sent only to them and comes from the heart. The people for whom the message is intended respond with gratitude for the reminder.
Terms and Conditions:
• Artist receives 60% of sales price for sold work.
• CAL collects sales tax, and retains a 25% commission to support exhibitions, operations, and educational programming of the Coastal Arts League.
• By entering you are verifying the submitted work is yours, that you have the rights to the images or artwork. All Rights to submitted Images remain the property of the Artist.
• You are granting The Coastal Arts League (CAL) the right to use entered work for the website, printed lists of selected images, and for show promotion.
• The Coastal Arts League carries liability insurance, but accepts no responsibility for pieces in the show. It is the responsibility of the artist to provide his or her own insurance. Check with your homeowners' agent.