Call for Entries I
Open to Visual Artists Working in all Media
The Art of Remembering
Alzheimer's Benefit Show
• Entry period closes: May 20, 2018 at 5:59pm (PST)
• Notification of Acceptance: June 3, 2018
• Artwork in-take: June 18, 2018, Noon to 5:00 PM
• Exhibition on view: June 21 – July 22, 2018
• Reception: June 23, 2018, 2:00 - 4:00pm
• Artwork pick-up: July 23, 2018, from noon to 5:00 PM
Acceptance notifications will be emailed by June 3, 2018. Label each piece (artist, title, medium, framed size, and price). Bring your 8.5 x 11” Artist’s Statement to be included in the show’s book of artists. Also bring up to 10 business cards to leave in the gallery office. All 2-D work must be gallery-ready, with hanging wire on back, with the exception of frameless metal prints which come with cleats. Gallery-wrapped canvas must be 1" in depth. Size is limited to what the curator can handle by herself. Framed works larger than 30”x 40” should be under plexiglass.
Terms and Conditions:
• By entering you are verifying the submitted work is yours, that you have the rights to the images or artwork. All Rights to submitted Images remain the property of the Artist.
• You are granting The Coastal Arts League (CAL) the right to use entered work for the website, printed lists of selected images, and for show promotion.
• CAL collects sales tax, and retains a 25% commission to support exhibitions, operations, and educational programming of the Coastal Arts League.
• 15% of the purchase price will be donated to the Alzheimer's Association as part of the Longest Day Fundraising campaign.
• 60% of the purchase price will be remitted to the artist within 30 days of the show's closing.
• The Coastal Arts League carries liability insurance, but accepts no responsibility for pieces in the show. It is the responsibility of the artist to provide his or her own insurance. Check with your homeowners' agent.
• CAL promotes all shows through announcements to CAL members, painting and photography clubs, art centers and associations throughout the region.
Entrants are not responsible for show promotion, but it is recommended that each one let family, friends and colleagues know about the show and reception. Nothing moves people to action like a personal invitation. This could be an email, a text message, or a phone call, but it is sent only to them and comes from the heart. The people for whom the message is intended respond with gratitude for the reminder.
For questions about this Exhibition, please contact Jane Lewis at 619-886-5882, or send a message to Jane at Caljuriedshow@gmail.com.