Calling All Artists
Enter by June 30, 2019
Theme: Personal Journeys
All art is personal, and life is a journey. Tell a story of adventure, realization, dreams, and experience.
Location: Coastal Arts League Gallery, Zaballa Square, 300 Main St., Half Moon Bay, CA, in a ground floor gallery.
Open to Artists working in any medium
Writing, Sculpture, Painting, Drawing,
Photography, Printmaking, Ceramics,
Mixed media, and Fiber art.
Juror's Choice Awards: $100 for Best in Categories of Painting, Photography,and Sculpture and Glass, plus Honorable Mention ribbons in a new category of Writing.
Sean Riordan is a Sculptor and Teacher. He chairs the Half Moon Bay High School Art Department.
Curators: Maury Walcott is a wood carver and Gary Frink is a pen and ink artist. Both are members of the Artists Collective.
$40 for first entry, plus $10 for each additional entry up to four. Members discount $10. You may donate your entry fee via PayPal, or send a check to 300 Main Street, HMB, CA 94019. Fees are non-refundable.
Members: 2 entries = $40; 3 entries = $50
Non-members: 2 entries = $50; 3 entries = $60
Donate your Entry fee Here:
PayPal is the most secure way to send funds via the internet. Once you have created an account, you will never be asked for your personal information again, and the Coastal Arts League pays the transaction fee. You will receive an immediate receipt for your tax deductible donation.
Deliver your artwork to the gallery on July 14 or 15 between noon and 5:00PM. Bring up to 10 business cards , and your Artist’s Statement to be included in the show’s book of artists.
• Enter by: Sunday June 30, 2019
• Notification of Acceptance: July 7
• Artwork in-take: July 14-15, noon to 5:00
• Exhibition on view: July 18 – August 11, 2019
• Reception: July 20, 1:00 - 4:00pm
• Artwork pick-up: August 12, noon to 5:00
Size and Weight limits?
Each piece must be manageable by the curator. All 2-D artwork must be gallery-ready, with hanging wire on back, with the exception of frameless metal prints, which come with cleats. Gallery wrapped canvas must be a minimum of 1" in depth. Please use plexiglass, not glass, in framed pieces larger than 30"x 40".
Opening Reception:July 20, 1:00 - 4:00pm
CAL promotes shows through social media, bulletins, clubs, art centers and associations throughout the region. Artists should let family, friends and colleagues know about the show and reception. Nothing moves people to action like a personal invitation. This could be an email, a text message, or a phone call, but it is sent only to them and comes from the heart. The people for whom the message is intended respond with gratitude for the reminder.
Terms and Conditions:
• Artists receive 70% of sales price for sold work.
• CAL collects sales tax, and retains a 30% commission to support exhibitions, operations, and educational programming of the Coastal Arts League.
• By entering you are verifying the submitted work is yours, that you have the rights to the images or artwork. All Rights to submitted Images remain the property of the Artist.
• You are granting The Coastal Arts League (CAL) the right to use images of entered work for the website, printed lists of selected images, and for show promotion.
• The Coastal Arts League carries liability insurance, but accepts no responsibility for pieces in the show. It is the responsibility of the artist to provide his or her own insurance. Check with your homeowners' agent.