Juried Photography Show 2018
Learn how to be a better visual storyteller with your photography!
In this captivating free seminar street photographer, David Coleman, will teach you visual storytelling techniques to become a better storyteller. You will learn how to compose an impactful narrative with your images. September 29, 6-8 PM, in the gallery. The presentation is free, but an RSVP is required to attend.
Entry Fees: $40 for first entry, $10 for each additional entry up to four. Members discount $10. You will receive an immediate receipt for your tax deductible donation.
Using PayPal is the most secure way to send funds via the internet. Once you have created an account, you will never be asked for your personal information again, and the Coastal Arts League pays the transaction fee.
Members: 2 entries = $40; 4 entries = $60
Non-members: 2 entries = $50; 4 entries = $70
Thank you for your contribution. Your support helps artists and the visual arts in the Coastside, and your donation is tax deductible.
How to Submit Images:
Send an email to Caljuriedshow@gmail.com, with the following information: Juried Photography Show, Artist’s name, address, website, email address, and phone number. Attach jpegs of up to four (4) images with a descriptive title, medium, size, and price of each piece. Watch for a reply saying that your entry has been received.
How to Pay the Entry Fee:
Once you have sent us your email with entries and the required information, go to the 'Donate' box above on this page and donate the correct amount. PayPal will give you the opportunity to attach a note specifying for which show you’re submitting. PayPal notifies us of the donation, and sends you a receipt.
For questions about this Exhibition, please contact Jane Lewis at 619-886-5882, or email@example.com.
For useful advice on image sizes see this article. When saving JPEG files, always select the "maximum" quality setting. You may add a brief paragraph about the work, describing the image, or the process used to create it.
Size and Weight limits?
Each piece must be manageable by the curator. All 2-D artwork must be gallery-ready, with hanging wire on back, with the exception of frameless metal prints, which come with cleats. Gallery wrapped canvas must be a minimum of 1" in depth. Please use plexiglass, not glass, in framed pieces larger than 30"x 40".
Terms and Conditions:
• Artist receives 70% of sales price for sold work.
• CAL retains a 30% commission on work sold, and collects sales tax. All proceeds support exhibitions, operations, and educational programming of the Coastal Arts League.
• By entering you are verifying the submitted work is yours, that you have the rights to the images or artwork. All Rights to submitted Images remain the property of the Artist.
• You are granting The Coastal Arts League (CAL) the right to use entered work for the website, printed lists of selected images, and for show promotions.
• The Coastal Arts League carries liability insurance, but accepts no responsibility for pieces in the show. It is the responsibility of the artist to provide his or her own insurance. Check with your homeowners' agent.
• CAL promotes all shows through announcements to CAL members, painting and photography clubs, art centers and associations throughout the region.
Entrants are not responsible for show promotion, but it is recommended that each one let family, friends and colleagues know about the show and reception. Nothing moves people to action like a personal invitation. This could be an email, a text message, or a phone call, but it is sent only to them and comes from the heart. The people for whom the message is intended - respond with gratitude for the reminder.