Four Arts: A Quartet of Views
You are cordially invited
February 23, 2 - 5 PM
A Quartet of Views
February 21 through March 17, 2019
300 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA
Four perspectives on the world will be on view at the Coastal Arts League in February. The work of pen-and-ink artist Gary Frink, mixed-media artist Chris Manchester, and photographers Ingo Bork and Steve Renwick.
Photographers, Ingo Bork and Steve Renwick both work in the semiconductor industry, on the bay side of the Peninsula, but they enjoy the slower pace of life on the coastside. Ingo uses his world travels as an opportunity to find quiet and beauty amid the bustle of commerce. Ingo says, "Practicing ‘Zen’ in photography is my goal, and I hope some of my pictures convey this atmosphere to the viewer."
Steve Renwick's work has been shown at local eateries and pubs both on the Coastside and the bay side of the Peninsula. His photos study architecture, as well as the objects of everyday life, using classic black-and-white film and darkroom techniques. Steve says, “Images are ephemeral, but the light, and the world that inspired artists before us, is still there.”
2019 Decker Gallery Exhibition Schedule
1. January 19 - February 18, 2019: Collaborating Artists
2. February 19 - March 17: Renwick, Manchester, Frink, Bork
3. March 19 - April 14: Juried Painting Show
4. April 16 - May 5: Peninsula Photographic Arts Guild
5. May 7 - 26: Schovsbo, Veseliza, Westerlund
6. May 28 - June 16: HMB High School Benefit Show
7. June 18 - July 14: American Pen Women
8. July 16 - August 11: Juried All-Media Show
9. August 13 - September 8: Plein Air Painters
10. September 10 - October 11: Juried Photo Show
11. October 14 - November 3: Chris Carrig Group
12. November 5 - December 1: Millbrae Camera Club
13. December 3 - January 5: Annual Members Show 2019
A self-taught artist, Gary Frink's career in the military and aviation industry led to cartooning what he knew best – airplanes and sports. Later, Gary directed his creative nature to the more disciplined technique of pen and ink drawing, influenced by his love of the outdoors.
Chris Manchester is co-owner of Half Moon Bay Kayak Co. and a member of the Coastside surfing community. He migrated to San Francisco to attend the Academy of Art University for Graphic Arts. His design work has been displayed locally and in window displays in San Francisco. His fine art is shown in galleries and coffee shops throughout the Bay Area. Chris' inspiration comes from the people, colors and events of his life, his work evolving with new mediums, materials and textures.